We are actively monitoring the developments pertaining to the Corona Virus and making updates as the requirements and restrictions change.
All guests must sign and complete a certificate of compliance upon check in, required by the state of Vermont.
We are taking every precaution with additional sanitizing and disinfecting to help to limit the infection’s spread in general and to hotel and restaurant guests. All inn guests will receive individual sanitizer for their personal use during their stay. All guest rooms will be left vacant for at least 24 hours after guests have checked out before new guests arrive. Furthermore, as the inn consists of 3 separate buildings for lodging we will strive to space reservations to ensure minimal contact with other guests.
You can also request that no housekeeping staff enter your room during your stay.
Currently breakfast is continental style, self-service, featuring grab and go items. This can also be setup between the different buildings to reduce guest contact with each other.
Due to COVID-19 case counts across the Northeast, the State of Vermont has implemented a mandatory quarantine for anyone returning or traveling to Vermont.
- Anyone returning or traveling to Vermont must follow Vermont’s mandatory quarantine policy. Vermonters returning from an out-of-state trip must complete either a 14-day quarantine or a 7-day quarantine followed by a negative test.
- Effective February 23, 2021: If you have been vaccinated, you do not need to quarantine to travel to Vermont or return to Vermont, as long as at least 14 days have passed since you received your final vaccine dose.
- The State of Vermont has suspended all social gatherings between multiple households. While in Vermont, you may not participate in social gatherings, this includes sharing an accommodation with another household outside of your own. Travelers may not stay with a Vermont host or stay in a Vermont lodging establishment or short-term rental with another household. Even if you have completed a quarantine, or intend to quarantine with another household, you may not gather with another household in Vermont. (Individuals who live alone may gather with members of their immediate family residing in a different household).
Residents of other states must adhere to the quarantine guidelines:
- Travelers arriving to Vermont in a personal vehicle must complete either a 14-day quarantine or a 7-day quarantine followed by a negative test in their home state and enter Vermont without further quarantine restrictions.
- Travelers arriving to Vermont who have not completed a pre-arrival quarantine must complete either a 14-day quarantine or a 7-day quarantine followed by a negative test in a Vermont lodging establishment or with friends and family (travelers must stay in their quarantine location for the duration of quarantine other than to travel to and from a test site).
Our physical address is: 21 West Street, Newfane, VT 05345.
Our mailing address is: PO BOX 278, Newfane, VT 05345.
Check-in time is from 4pm.
Check-out time is at 11am.
We will gladly extended your check out time until noon free of charge if requested.
Additional time after noon will be charged at a rate of $25 per hour charge each hour up to a maximum check out time of 2pm*
*(Please note: this is only possible if someone is not due to arrive into your room on this day. If we have guests due to check-in to your room we cannot extend your check out beyond 1pm).
We offer the best rates on our own website! Our cancellation and other polices are also more lenient for direct bookings. Furthermore, you will be eligible for our loyalty program and gain free nights!
As a small inn we constantly face the battle against larger online companies who charge us high commissions for any reservations that are booked through their websites.
We greatly appreciate everyone who books directly with us.
All our rooms are designated non-smoking.
Smoking is permitted on our grounds/ gardens and we kindly ask that and trash is disposed of properly.
ARTISAN RESTAURANT IS CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR THE WINTER SEASON DUE TO COVID.
When operating, our restaurant is open for dinner from 5:30pm onwards Wednesday through Sunday.
Closing time depends on the season and day of the week.
Yes. Located on our property we have a gym that is complimentary for inn guests to use.
During the summer months we also offer an outdoor fitness space in our gardens.
All of our inn rooms only have one bed, either a King or Queen.
However, we do have a 4 bedroom house on the property that does have multiple bedrooms and beds called Ginny’s House. Excellent for those traveling with a family or for extended stays, the House features four bedrooms with six beds, two and half bathrooms, a great room (living & dining room) and a spacious kitchen.
If for any reason you need to cancel your reservation we require at least 21 days’ notice prior to your arrival. For cancellations made with the required notice we will refund your deposit less a $40 per room cancellation fee.
For cancellations made within 21 days of your arrival date your deposit is not refundable, but you may reuse your deposit towards a future stay within twelve months of your cancelled arrival date, subject to availability. If you cancel your rescheduled visit at any time your deposit is not refundable.
For cancellations 7 days or less prior to your arrival date your deposit will be forfeited and you are responsible for full payment for the entire reserved stay.
There are no refunds for ‘no-shows’, late arrivals or early departures.
All cancelled reservations are subject to a $40 processing fee.
We have a seasonal closure during the month of April each year.
(Exact dates will vary from year to year).
- Restaurants, catering, food service, and bars may allow 50 percent of fire safety occupancy or 1 person per 100 square feet, with a maximum of 75 people indoors and 150 people outdoors or their maximum licensed seating capacity, whichever is less.
- Seating must be available for all patrons and seating must allow for physical distancing of at least 6 feet between seated dining parties. No standing or mingling is allowed. Customers must be seated while consuming food or beverages.
- Restaurants, bars and clubs may seat multiple households at the same table, but no more than six people can be seated at the same table.
- Bar seating may only be open if a physical barrier, such as a piece of plexiglass, separates the patrons from bartenders and the drink preparation area. Patrons of different households must be at least six feet apart.
- Reservations or call ahead seating is preferred. Reservations should be staggered to prevent congregating in waiting areas. Waiting areas must accommodate physical distancing.
- Restaurants, bars and clubs must maintain an easily accessible, legible log of all employees, customers, members and guests and their contact information, including name, address, phone number and email address for 30 days in the event contact tracing is required by VDH. For the sake of clarity, this requirement applies to all employees and all guests in every party. All customers opting to dine-in must be logged. Take out customers who do not dine in the restaurant do not need to be logged.
- Customers are required to wear face coverings when not eating.